Electronic Payments Law and Data Privacy
Payment law is more than a transaction.
Our Payments Group has decades of experience counseling clients on the legal issues surrounding card processing and electronic commerce transactions, both domestically and internationally, as well as keeping clients apprised of legal and regulatory developments, including compliance with card vendor rules, data privacy and security compliance and other laws affecting the payments industry. Our attorneys have varied experience in all sectors of the payments industry, including:
- Merchant acquiring (including residual payment agreements)
- Mobile payments
- Cross border ecommerce transactions
- Card schemes and payment networks
- Stored value, gift cards, payroll cards and other prepaid products
- Health care payments
- B2B payments
- Payment facilitator models and aggregation
- Merchant disputes
- Card brand and debit networks’ regulation compliance
- Governmental and other regulatory (including FTC) compliance
- PCI and other data security compliance issues
Our Payments Group represents a wide variety of clients, from small and mid-size to Fortune 500 companies and banks in the traditional payments systems to start-ups and other participants in emerging payment systems. Our attorneys’ deep industry knowledge, in addition to their extensive experience in the payments and financial sectors, enables us to be the go-to leader in payments and financial services.